We provide a number of custom placeholders that you can use to input custom information specific to your profile or individual recipients.
- [[first_name]] will display the recipient’s first name as entered when uploaded
- [[last_name]] will display the recipient’s last name as entered when uploaded
- [[profile-name]] will display the profile’s names as entered in Business Name in Dashboard > Funnel > Setup > Branding and Design > Brand/Business Name
- [[profile_url]] will display the profile’s URL as it appears in the top right of the dashboard
- [[profile_short_url]] will display a shortened URL, intended to lower character count (text message only)
- [[recipient_custom_field_1]] will display the text entered into the Custom Field box for a given recipient in Dashboard > Invites > Recipients (more info on this field below)
Using placeholders in Footers
If you’re using a custom footer in your campaign email, you can add any email placeholder to your footer
The [[recipient_custom_field_1]] placeholder allows you to set a custom field – unique to individual recipients – that can be used for a variety of purposes – for example:
- Identifying members of rewards programs
- Identifying staff who served the recipient
- Identifying the date of the customer’s transaction
- Referencing particular products or services purchased by the customer
- Adding a salutation like Mr. or Mrs.
Setting the Custom Field
You can set the Custom Field before or after uploading a recipient to your campaign.
The process for setting the Custom Field before uploading depends on whether you’re adding recipients individually or in bulk.
If adding individually, simply enter the Custom Field text in the corresponding box when adding.
If adding recipients in bulk, simply add a column for the Custom Field text to your recipient CSV or XLSX upload. You’ll be able to match the column to the corresponding info during upload.
In Dashboard > Invites > Recipients, simply click on the Custom Field box for the recipient to add your text.
The end result might look something like this:
Using [[recipient_custom_field_1]] in the Invite and Opt-in forms
You can add a field for [[recipient_custom_field_1]] placeholder data to both the Invite and Opt-in forms. It must be turned on profile by profile and form by form.
To add a field for [[recipient_custom_field_1]] to either form , go to Dashboard > Invites > Invite & Opt-In Forms > Invite Form or Opt-in Form > Advanced.
First, toggle Use Recipient Custom Field? to Yes by clicking on the text in the white field.
Next, optionally customize the field label text. By default, the field label will be Custom Field. To change the text, click in the white field under Custom Field Text and type in your new text.
Click outside of the field to apply the change. The page will refresh.